Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cloudy Days...




Assalamualaikum & good day...


Well, it looks like this evening in Jogja is cloudy again...the dark cloudy type...


Don't get me wrong here, hehe. I have no issues or 'a bone to pick' with dark cloudy days...it's just that I can't help but feel a bit sad & retrospective whenever they come a knockin'...rainy days are even worse ..(^^)


Funny isn't it? Most people will certainly welcome cloudy or rainy days with wide open arms, the kind of time when they can read a good book, curl by the fireplace (in temperate countries that is), spending time with loved ones, or just simply curled up in bed...in classic fetal position..& have a nice slumber...


Not me hehe (further proof that I am unusual & weird, folks)..my ideal weather would be cloudy BUT with the sun just behind the clouds (playing hide-and-seek with us mortal souls), & with some wind..that kind of weather really makes me feel good & upbeat..


When it's dark clouds..or heavy rain...I will be silent..retrospective..reminiscing..be nostalgic..be a bit sad..wistful..thinking of past regrets..


But rest assured..all are not lost for me on dark cloudy days...there are positive things that I can glean out of them...I consider days like this as my personal pause button..so that I can get out of high gear for a while..thinking whether I have treated other people with kindness...whether I have behaved badly...


Not too bad...after all...these dark, cloudy days......


Wassalam & good day...


p/s: Idul Adha is just around the corner for Muslims...(^^,)

No comments: