Sunday, September 5, 2010

Love Stanza (my first attempt at poetry)

'Twas a bright sunny day; but with the breeze, the heat is abated
That you first came into my life; by chance? or was it fated?
It was poetry in motion, that left me captivated


Something about you sets my heart aglow
Was it an instinct? a hunch? I cannot know
But I was taken by you from the word go


There's something about you (not Mary!); that have me spellbound
'Twas in your sanguinity & uninhibited character; and the cheeky warmth that is abound
And that fiery and brave spirit in standing your ground


Though that most strong women; preferred even stronger men
I do wish that for me; you make an exception
For eventhough I am gentle and meek outside; internally I am a man of great ambition & intention


It was written in the stars; by Allah's decree
You are not perfect; yet are good enough to complete me
I am very grateful that I have met thee


So, please, dear woman, a chance, perhaps, to prove my worthiness?
To prove that I can fill your life with happiness
To help navigate you through this life of uncertainty and craziness


Oh my dear; I do wish you would accept my feelings
Because it's been a while since I have been eating (but thank God I am still drinking!)
Dont leave me hanging here; dont leave me reeling


I will always work hard to be the man of your dreams
Although I am imperfect; I will never stop trying to be the top of the cream
I will never rest on my laurels; nor will stop at the seams


Oh, the woman of my dreams; the object of my affection
If you say yes; then I will be a very happy man; free off affliction
And my life will be filled with more conviction


Yet even if you say no; or you have met someone better
I will not begrudge you; nor I will be bitter
I will pray for your happiness; and hope you have...a better future


For if it turns out that it was not written in the stars; as I had predicted
There is a silver lining in all that Allah has decreed
Dont be down in the dumps just because you had been rejected


Rejection doesnt mean that you are useless or weak
It's just an issue of compatibility; and not of anyone's mistake
To be better with each relationship; so that eventually you will find someone suitable to your own make


I think I have go on for too long
Any more longer than I might just write a song
Thank you if you are still reading this (cant find any word that rhymes with ong)


Dont be worried if you are still single
Because Allah is just giving you the opportunity to mingle
Until one day you find that special somebody that sets your heart a-jingle


So, my friends, never lose hope, never lose heart, never lose trust
There is someone out there for each of us
May we all achieve happiness..Allah bless us!

No comments: